AVA call up again, to request my for renewing of my " AVA-accredited dog trainer license " !
I had spoken to the person about the loop hole on their new scheme for this issue, AVA required dog's owner of cat. "A" & "B" dog to undergo a proper training and achieved with a certificate in order have a license being issue to the owner.
On the day of implementation till today, I received several calls that owner request the following:
1) Do you sell "German Shepherd Dog" that comes with an obedience cert. so that I don't need to go thru the full course and be able to have a license!
2) Do you sell cert. so that I could use it for applying for a dog license here in Singapore!
3) Can I leave my dog with you to train, so that I do not need to under go the training and later you provide me the cert. for me to apply for the license!
4) Can I pay you the full course and only go thru 1 to 2 lessons to have the obedience cert.?
The above was feedback to the officer, what is the objective for this new law? Is a good sign for the Authority to have new law to control responsibility dog's owner but ???
These following questions was brought on the first call from the AVA officer, he told me he is going to bring up to the higher officer but today I ask about my feedback did them look into it. Silent is the answer?
1) How AVA issue the license? Base on the Obedience cert issue by the AVA-accredited dog trainer and owner have to fill up the training Q&A form from AVA.
2) Did AVA go to the owner home to check whether the dog had really under go the training? NO, if neccessay then they will go and check.
3) What if the dog is not train and the cert is easy bought by the owner. How can AVA know about it? The owner had answer the training Q&A form from AVA and all answer is positive (so is already trained and meet the requirement)!
4) My last question to the officer, if you happen to be the dog's owner that don't want to train the dog but just want to pay a minimum sum of money to buy a basic obedience cert. so that you can easily get the dog's
license from AVA. Will you answer all the training Q&A form from AVA in positive or negative?
** the above is what I knew from the tell conversation.
Before the above law was implement, I'm fully disagree that AVA invite those who/whom are in the trade to work out a guide line for these rules! Why? Ask yourself will you suggest a law to tie yourself down or a law that indirect benefits you?
The AVA can have a law as what I think is fare to everyone include the public!
All dogs small, medium or big must have insurance against accidents happen, like bite human or dog bit dog!
Small dogs : max.compensation $5,000.00
Medium dogs: max. compensation $8,000.00
Big dogs: max.compensation $10,000.00
Cat A & B dog must have grantor of $100K.
** as a owner dog they have a better understanding about their dog's temperament!
- If any the dog have behaviors problem the owner will be alert and automatically sending their dog to under go a obedience training other wise they have to pay a very high premium for their renew insurance!
- If they don't renew their insurance to protect the public and others, AVA should give them a heavy penalty(fine) to these dog owners and for them they have to be responsible with whatever claims from the victim with doubt the amount! That make them be more responsible and care in handling their own dog!
In today market event university can be easily bought!
We are 100% dog training school, we are not a breeder and we don't work with any pet shops or breeders to sell cert.!